Dordogne Bike Tour
A peaceful DIY Cycling Vacation in the home of French Pre-History Sites.
Bike to Pre-historic Sites Cliffs and Cave Dwellings in France
Encounter rolling countryside peppered with innumerable chateaux, castles, churches, villages, and yes, a variety of ancient sites!
Begin in Les Eyzies and pedal through well-known areas and towns within the region: Sarlat, La Roque Gageac, and Montignac. Longer bike tours include rides and stays in Mayronne, Rocamadour, and Saint-Cirq LaPopie.
Your DIY Dordogne Cycle Tour Packet Includes:
- Routes that will fit your needs: Our routes are completely customizable and allow flexibility in your schedule. We deliver proven GPS routes developed by tour planning experts. Included are easy spins around town and epic routes.
- Planning tips that get you there with your dream itinerary: With our tour packet we lay out all the details you need to organize and plan for a cycling vacation. We include everything from seasonal weather considerations, rental bike sources, packing lists, suggested hotels, and tips for finding discounts on airlines and other costs.
- Pitfalls to avoid: We’ll fill you in on all the possible pitfalls you’ll want to avoid. This includes roads to avoid riding on, how to avoid getting stranded (hint: we have local guide suggestions!), and how to keep your non-riding companions from being bored.
- Easy To Follow Process & Organization Spreadsheet Template: The Tour Packet is outlined in an easy “1-2-3” step format: 1) Pick Your Dates 2) Organize & Reserve 3) Go On Your Tour! Collect all your info on a spreadsheet that allows you to collect all the specifics of your tour.
- Secret spots to visit: Want to know favorite places locals enjoy visiting? It’s in the tour packet.
- Off-Bike Activities: We have so many suggestions for activities that you could keep yourself busy without touching a bike!
- Food & beverage reccos: Every good ride deserves a great meal and a refreshing beverage. You can depend on our recommendations for everything from quick, budget-friendly meals to a nice relaxing evening.
- What to read: Our tour packet even includes recommendations on what you can read to enhance your time in the area.